Now that I am done complaining I have two stories about how awesome my boys are. The other day we were getting ready to leave the house and I told Ben to grab a jacket. And then said mostly to myself, "I need to go to the bathroom and then grab a jacket too.". A minute later while I was in the bathroom Ben came walking in with a jacket for me. So thoughtful. Not so much the walking in on me while I was in the bathroom but the jacket thing. You take what you can get. Also I don't lock the bathroom door because if I do I often have Jack crying on the other side. Sometimes he just can't take being away from me for even a minute. And you know what? I am cherishing that because it won't be long before it is no longer the case.
And the other cool story- Monday I got the opportunity to go skiing with my relatives from Texas. My sister kindly watched the boys. Often Jack is pretty upset when I leave him with anybody. Sometimes when I pull up to my sisters house I have to fight to get him out of the car. He wraps his arms around the straps on the carseat so it's difficult to remove him. On Monday he went happily to my sisters and then later that night when we got home Jack asked me, "mommy, how was your skiing?" So thoughtful.
Don't you love it when your children treat you like a person instead of just a mom?
No comments:
Post a Comment