
I had so much fun on our vacation to Southern California and Disneyland, I decided it was time for another vacation.
Every week for the past eight or so years I get the weekly webfare e-mail from Delta airlines. Many times the e-mail doesn't come, so I have to go the delta.com and look it up. In case you aren't already crazy like me and don't know, Delta has a special on airfare almost every Tuesday for the upcoming weekend and you fly out on either Friday or Saturday and return on Monday or Tuesday. I have never bought a ticket I just like to dream about going somewhere. Never, until last week.
We got home from Disneyland on Sunday and Tuesday afternoon with some friendly encouragement from my sister Jennifer I bought tickets for the weekend to go to San Francisco to fly out early Saturday morning. I kept it secret from Chad until about 12:30am on Saturday morning. I had the bags packed and was already to go but I was worried about not waking up in time for the flight and I was just plain too excited. Also, I didn't quite know how to go about waking up Chad early on a Saturday morning and telling him he needed to get up quickly and get dressed. He is not a morning person.
My sister watched the boys for us. It's the first time I have left Jack and the first time in 2 1/2 years that I've left Ben overnight. It was good that I bought the tickets and we went three days later because the idea of leaving the boys was difficult for me.
But it was sooo worth it. I missed the boys, but it was so nice to have a weekend away with Chad. Turns out I kind of like him :) And I love San Francisco. Love it!
We took BART from the airport and arrived in Union Square. Then we walked up over the hill (and if you've been to San Francisco you know the hills are insane) to our hotel near Fisherman's Wharf. After dropping off our luggage we headed over to Boudin's for some sourdough bread.


I tried researching other places besides Boudin's to get the famous sourdough bread, but apparently Boudin's is the say all, end all of San Francisco sourdough bread.
After lunch we hiked up to Telegraph Hill to see the Coit Tower.




After Telegraph Hill we hiked up and down some more hills to China Town. Although Chinese New Year was a few weeks ago, they were having a huge Chinese New Year celebration. The amounts of people were insane. It was fun.



We didn't just walk everywhere because we were crazy, the public transit system (including the cable cars) weren't running most of the day anywhere near or through China town because of the celebration. We had seen signs everywhere that there was going to be a parade, so after trying to escape from a homeless guy who wouldn't stop talking to us, we headed over to see the parade. We were near where the news crews were and there were just too many people and we couldn't see. Also, the parade was kind of stupid, so we started walking back to where we could catch the Historic Street Car to Fisherman's Wharf. On the way there, we saw the rest of the parade. Turns out it was an awesome light parade and the first part we saw was just the boring stuff before it got dark.
Sunday the weather was absolutely gorgeous, which was great because we had planned to go bike riding. We rented a tandem bike and rode across the Golden Gate Bridge to a town called Sausilito, ate lunch, and then took the ferry back. We had big plans to ride a lot further, but we quickly realized we aren't in very good shape.





On Monday we went rollerblading in Golden Gate Park. That place is sooooooo gorgeous and rollerblading through the park was so fun.




We did a lot of the touristy things to do, because ya know, we are tourists. I can't wait to go back someday and explore some more. And take the boys.
I've caught the travel bug. Who am I kidding? I always have it, but right now it's really intense. However, we need to take a break from all that fun and just have fun at home. But I'm already conjuring up adventures in my head.





1 comment:
When can we do it again, it was so much fun!
Post a Comment