A while ago a friend of mine wrote on her blog about how her, her husband, and children all got their passports "in case of an emergency." I knew exactly that she meant the kind of emergency where there is an opportunity to travel out of the country. Not the kind of emergency where she will be involved in a serious crime and quickly needs to flee the country.
Chad's passport expired a couple of years ago and I have been reminding him to get it renewed.
A couple of months ago I even filled out and printed off all the paperwork. All he had to do was sign it, get photos, and mail it in.
But in the drawer it sat.
Now my friend who got her passports in case of emergency has a husband who is involved in the film industry, so her chances of something exciting happening are a lot greater than mine. I mean Chad's a software engineer, not really a profession where one travels a lot. But at Chad's last job his boss asked Chad if he had a passport. Nothing ever came of it, but his boss asked.
Then, a week and a half ago, Chad came home from work and told me that his boss asked if he had a passport and told him that they might need him to travel somewhere because of a product he has been working on.
Where?
Yep, Chad's passport is on a expedited trip through the passport office.
So, get your passport, because you never know.


4 comments:
Very very funny! You see - I just knew I wasn't crazy. I certainly hope he gets to go and that you go with him! And we did all need our passports for this Mexico thing going on right now, so I am glad I was prepared!
I TOTALLY agree. We had 10 days to get our passports before we went to Hong Kong and we paid a pretty penny for them too!
Fun! Hope you get to go too.
Awesomeness. Congrats on your emergency!
Post a Comment