Thursday, March 11, 2010

Five

My sweet Ben turned five today. He was very happy and super sweet all day long. It was a pleasant surprise, as I thought he would be a little bratty. I can't recall Jack and him fighting at all. It was a nice day.



At Ben's request we took the train into Salt Lake and met Chad for lunch at Subway. Yes, Ben chose Subway. Him and his cousin Josh are obsessed with Subway.
After lunch we walked over to the glass library (the downtown SL library) and spent a couple of hours there. The boys love to ride the 'great glass' elevator. Sometimes if we are in Salt Lake we will take advantage of the 1/2 of free parking and go inside and ride the elevator up and down a dozen or so times. The boys act like it's an amusement park ride. Kind of silly, but sometimes you just do what you can to entertain children.

And of course, we read books.
In the evening we had dinner with my parents, my sister and her family, and my brother. After dinner, most of the rest of my extended family came over. Ben got everything he wanted and asked for and then some. He is one happy boy. He got a razor scooter, swim goggles, a specific Transformer, bubbles, puzzles, Bendaroos, light-up shoes, a gardening set, and clothes.

He has been talking about his birthday for months and what kind of cake he wanted. Finally he settled on a frog theme, so I made these cupcakes-

and these cake pops-

Lots of them. And last night at midnight they were all staring and me.

My first attempt at cake pops. They are cute, but I don't think they are all that tasty. I've tried other flavors too and didn't much care for them. Oh well, they are just too fun.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the cupcakes and the cupcake pops!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ben!