
Ben and Jack are asleep! It is a very, very rare occurance. Jack's asleep in my room. Ben's asleep on the couch in the living room. I've been tip toeing around the house trying to do some cleaning without waking up the cute little monsters.I don't usually like for Ben to take a nap for when he does he ends up staying up until midnight. But lately he's been uber-ornery and is his having meltdown after meltdown. (Is it just me or do you like the word meltdown better than tantrum?) This morning's meltdown was because the shirt he wanted to wear was one of his two shirts that was dirty (it has stains all over it.) I very carefully told Ben this morning that he couldn't wear the same clothes he has been wearing for two days, it's against my 'you can wear it for two days' policy. (A policy I only allowed in order to maintain my sanity.) I was pleased when a crisis was averted, but moment's later when the shirt he wanted to wear was dirty he screamed for twenty minutes. He even screamed while I video taped him.
After another meltdown right before lunch, I suggested to Ben that he take a nap after we ate. He didn't disagree and and fell asleep quite easy.
Jack has meltdowns too, but he is more easily distracted. For a long time Jack has done a little dance we call 'happy feet.' This week he started doing the dance when he is upset. It's cute and I can't help but smile when he's doing it. It won't be cute for long, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Jack still sleeps in our room because Ben still does a lot of screaming in the night. Up until a couple of weeks ago Jack was in a Pack and Play in the corner of our room. When he got sick a couple of weeks ago he threw up in it. It was bedtime, so I just took the mattress out of his crib and put in on the floor in our room. He has been sleeping so much better, I guess because the mattress is softer. He doesn't sleep through the night, but he only wakes up once or twice. It's nice!
Well, I'm going to try and do some more quiet cleaning. I'd start reading a book, but I don't think it will be long before the boys wake up.
3 comments:
That is really nice. I love Nap time, it is my favorite time of the day when it happens.
you my friend haven't seen enough of these days/nights. :) here's to hoping there are plenty more in succession. :)))
Those are some serious lashes in the first pic! How do boys get so lucky?
Post a Comment