Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chop, chop

Monday I gave both of the boys haircuts. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I save money by doing it myself (I'm sure a lot of mom's with boys do it too.) Ben hates getting his haircut. He freaks out because the hair makes him itch. I try all kinds of tricks to make the whole experience better, but nothing works for long. It takes a long time and a lot of crying to finish the haircut, but it has to be done. Usually after I cut Ben's hair I take him out for ice cream. He thinks it's reward for him, but it's a reward for me too.
Cutting Jack's hair went a little better than cutting Ben's. It was his first haircut, so he didn't quite know exactly what I was doing. Jack's haircut cost me a half a box of tissues, a half a roll of toilet paper, and a battery for Ben's toothbrush as these things were tools of distraction.
I was extremely hesitant to cut off Jack's cute little curls, but his hair was just getting too long. The weight of his hair was weighing down his curls and so most of the time his hair was just a matted mess.
Here's Jack before he cuts his hair. Jack loves to climb in an out of boxes. Jack in the Box- makes me laugh.
Here's his new do.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You did great!