Monday, June 02, 2008

Family Fun

Most weekends it's hard to figure out what to do, but this past weekend was a fun weekend. We did lots of little things that made it fun. Friday night we met Chad at Liberty Park. We rollerbladed, had a picnic, and then played at the park. The weather was perfect. Saturday morning Chad went to the gym then came home and made a delicious breakfast. He made pancakes for Ben and a veggie omelet for him and me. After breakfast we went over to my parents and stripped copper wire (I'll explain in another post), went to lunch with my parents, and then ran some errands.

Last year on the day Jack was born my sister and brother-in-law ended up taking Ben to my brother-in-law's work party. They had lots of blow up toys to play on. Ben had so much fun and talked about it for months. Saturday was my brother-in-laws work party again and they kindly took Ben. He loved it! He told me he went on a ferris wheel and when he was on the top he "saw everything."

Ben had cotton candy at the party and I was a little bit jealous, so I pulled out my cotton candy make for only the second time since Ben was born. (I haven't wanted to let Ben know that I have it, and I can't make it at night after he goes to sleep because it's kind of loud.) Saturday afternoon/early evening I watched my sister's kids. While they were inside watching a movie, I made cotton candy outside. I probably ate too much, but it was delicious and I couldn't stop.

Also, on Saturday afternoon my brother, whom I absolutely love, and his friend Eric, whom we refer to as uncle Eric, hung out at our house. Adam and Eric are so nice to my kids, Ben adores them. I think my niece has a little bit of a crush on Eric. She's too young for him though :)

Sunday, we went to church. Ben was pleasantly cooperative in getting ready for church. We even got ready quick enough to be able to walk to church. Even though Ben told me many times that he didn't want to go to church, after church was over he told me that he "had a really good day in nursery."

Sunday afternoon we walked over and had a nice visit with my Grandparents and then went over to my parents. We came home, had dinner, and then had visitors throughout the night. My aunts were having a party upstairs with some of our family and my cousins came down when they could and played with the kids.

The fun hasn't ended yet though. Today I'm gonna do laundry. Exciting, huh? Of course you know I'm being sarcastic. Tonight I am looking forward to a BBQ at a friend's house. The only other plans I have for the week so far are Activity Days and a lunch group get together. Oh and Ben does have a dentist appointment in Layton at 7:00 am on Wednesday morning (crazy, huh), so we're going to stay up at Chad's parents on Tuesday night.

My posts always end up being longer than I expected. Hopefully, I don't bore you too much.
I love this picture. Jack's face is soooo cute!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Well you think I'm nuts for having to get up early but it seems you are up at all kinds of early hours more often than not. Jack's face is really cute in that picture and I hope you went back to sleep after you wrote this blog.

Amanda said...

Sounds like so much fun. You also got some great fun pictures!

Natalie said...

That picture of Jack is soo cute! I am sad I missed the park today, it sounds like you had a great time, I went to Artic Circle because it was raining -- not as fun......I heard the food was awesome, doubly sad I missed it!