Friday, May 30, 2008

Mezedakia

This is one of my favorite things to eat-
It's such a refreshing meal. I could eat it two, maybe three times a week. It's simple, but tasty and filling. It's basically cucumbers, tomatoes, lemon wedges, feta, and chicken. It's all smothered with a delicious dressing and then served with pita bread. A restaurant in Salt Lake called The Other Place has a dish similar to this. My old boss introduced me to it, then I introduced my sister to it. Since we can't, and shouldn't, eat there as often as we would like, my sister figured out a recipe for the dressing herself. I'll have to get the recipe from her and post it in case anybody wants it.

Although my sisters copycat recipe is pretty good, the stuff at the restaurant is still the best. They call it Mezedakia w/ chicken. (Mezedakia means appetizer in Greek, so if you go to another Greek restaurant and order Mezedakia you might end up with something completely different.) At The Other Place it's pretty much the same thing we make, but it's also served with tasty dolmathes (which we haven't figured out how to make yet). And the pita bread that comes with it is amazing. If you ever go to The Other Place for some Mezedakia, make sure you also order some of their rice pudding. It's heavenly.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks really good......

Benjamin said...

Mmmmm, that does sound good. I haven't had Greek food for about two years now!

Amanda said...

We SERIOUSLY need to go to The Other Place...I am now having cravings!!!