My sister, Jennifer, and I left on Wednesday morning so we could get there and get some campsites. We didn't get down to Capitol Reef until 6:30pm and by then all the campsites were full. We ended up spending the night in a super nice and clean cabin at an RV resort in Torrey.
Thursday morning we got the the National Park early and acquired four campsites next to each other to accomodate our group of 27 people.
Friday we drove over to the Escalante Staircase monument and went on a hike to Calf Creek Falls. I was a little too optomistic in thinking that Ben would hike a lot further than he did, but it was a six mile hike and it was plenty warm. 

I forget to bring a backpack to carry Ben in. Chad ended up carrying him most of the way into the falls on his shoulders along with carrying Jack in the backpack. My brother Adam ended up carrying Ben most of the way out on his shoulders. 
Ben had sooooooo much fun this weekend. There were so many kids for him to play with. Today has been a hard day for him because their is really nobody to play with, besides me and I'm not in the mood to play, especially outside because it's hot.
I had fun this weekend too. Camping, especially with kids, is a lot of work, but it's fun sometimes. It was so fun to watch Ben having the same kind of fun that I had when I was his age. Some of my favorite child memories are camping in Southern Utah for Easter vacations with the Phillips'. It's fun that my kids are now having the same experiences with my friends' kids.
4 comments:
Capitol Reef was one of my most favorite Easter Vacation spots. That and Goblin Valley. I have such fond memories of Easter Vacations with the Phillips.
Such awesome pictures, it sounds like you had a great time!
What cute pictures you always take! Who knew you were such a great photographer? I guess we should have all known - you're quite perfect in most everything you do. Your little boys are adorable and we had a great time. Michael and Ben are allowed to play any time - I don't know how, but Ben seems to have a calming influence on Mikey, unlike some other people we know. . .CY! Thanks for all the planning you put into it so we could all go!
Crystal
Those are great pictures especially the one of the lower part of the falls with the bluish tinge to the water. I was so focused on how to get it all in that I didn't take time to look at the details. Those boys are so cute. You can tell they love their mama. We all appreciate what you did to make this trip possible
I am glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment