Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A child's reasoning

Earlier this afternoon Ben, Jack, and I were sitting on the couch. I was feeding Jack and reading books to Ben. Jack fell asleep and I decided I was kind of sleepy too. I decided to let Ben watch a show while Jack and I took a quick nap. A few minutes after the show was over Ben woke me up and was talking to me. This is how our conversation went.-

Ben: I stuck an M & M up my nose.
Me: Did you really? What color was it?
Ben: Blue
(I was surprised it wasn't green. Ben is obsessed with green, but blue is his second favorite color. For a minute I didn't believe that he had stuck an M & M up his nose until the chocolate started melting and coming out of his nostril.)
Me: Why did you do that?
Ben: I was warming them up in my hand and one went up my nose.
(I told Ben to grab a tissue and blow his nose. He did and then showed me the remnants of the M & M that he'd blown out, but quite a bit of chocolate was still melting out of his nose.)
Me: How many M & Ms did you stick up your nose?
Ben: Two
Me: What colors?
Ben: Green and blue.
Me: Why again, did you do that?
Ben: Because Josh and Madilynn ran errands and they didn't let us come to their house.

Strange reason to stick M & Ms up ones nose. I cleaned up his nose and we got ready to go across the street to visit Josh and Madilynn. There was still chocolate melting out of his nose. So I asked him again.

Me: How many M&Ms did you stick up your nose?
Ben: Three
Me: What colors?
Ben: Green and blue and green and blue again.
Me: That's four.
Ben: Yeah I stuck four up my nose.

I have no idea how many M&Ms he stuck up his nose. At least they melt out.

3 comments:

ZaCarrie said...

Wow. My first thought would have been "emergency room?" but yours was "what color was it?". Well done. :) I hope they all eventually melt out!

Jodi said...

Thank goodness they were M and M's. Very funny, but I am glad it worked out okay.

Natalie said...

Ok, that is so funny, I can't believe he fit that many up there!