It's 1:00am and I'm awake. I wish I wasn't, but I just can't asleep. The past couple of months I've had a hard time sleeping. It takes me forever to fall asleep and if I wake up in the middle of the night I have a hard time falling back to sleep. Insomnia is nothing new to me. I've had problems with sleeping as long as I can remember. (Which is probably why I've been overly sympathetic with Beepers' sleeping.) It's just been a while since I've had a hard time sleeping for this long of a period that there wasn't a legitimate explanation, like being pregnant. No, I'm not pregnant. In case you were thinking that.
When I can't sleep I think a lot. What do I think about when I can't sleep? Most of the time my mind just goes in circles thinking about things like my family or things I need to write about in my journal (which is what I've been thinking about tonight, so I got up and typed some things in my journal.) Sometimes though, I think of things to make or build. My Grandpa thinks up things like building a houseboat or some cool invention. My ideas are a lot simpler. I've never stayed awake the whole night thinking about something, it's usually only a couple of hours. My most recent idea was this-

I made a bunch of them.

I intended on giving them away, but I only gave away a few of them. Chad, Beepers, and I ate a few and I still have a few in the freezer. They took me about a week to make. One day I rolled the peanut butter balls, a couple of days later I dipped them in the white chocolate, and the next couple of days I did the faces and the buttons. I was please with how they turned out. I especially like how the carrot noses stick out. They were time consuming, but fun.

Yeah, I'm kind of crazy.
3 comments:
Those are adorable. What are the noses and faces made out of?
You need to have a blog segment where you talk about the things you thought of while you were wide awake in the middle of the night.
Crystal,
Did you know that I have read everything in your blog? I am a big fan! I was ready to call you guys yesterday to go to the park with me and Lucy then thought that it was rude to call on such a short notice.
I had to write a comment about these snowmen. They are
a d o r a b l e !!!
Leave it to you!
Hope you and yours are doing well... call me if you ever want to go to the park last minute!
Love, Valerie
Post a Comment