A little over thirty years ago my parents finished building their house. They actually designed (my mom has a drafting degree) and built (my dad knew how to do all kinds of things in addition to being an electrician) the house themselves. They had some help, but it was a huge project and they could have used a lot more help. When my parents finished building their house my dad decided he was going to help the next person who was building a house. One day on the way home from work my dad got the opportunity to do just that. The rest is history. So, who was it that he stopped to help? It was my friend Heather’s dad.

Heather and I have known each other as long as we’ve been alive. She is one of my favorite people in the world. Many of my favorite childhood memories include her and her family. Some of my favorite memories are Easter vacations in Southern Utah. We still try to go somewhere, but some years it doesn’t work out. Just hanging out and talking with Heather was and still is one of my favorite things to do, but a few other fun things we’ve done are countless camping trips, dressing up in 70’s clothes and hanging out with
Carrie, a trip to San Francisco, and an awesome road trip along the Oregon Coast.
Heather is smart, really smart. She is super pretty. I’ve always been jealous of her. I think just about every single one of my guyfriends in high school was in love with her. At least I got to hang around guys. Also, having that many guys like you might be flattering at times, but it probably gets pretty annoying. Especially when guys stalk you. And yes, she had at least one stalker.
I still see Heather every once in a while, but not nearly enough. Sometime, hopefully soon, she will be moving into a house not too far from me. She’s just waiting for her house to sell. I hope she gets to move here before I move somewhere else. Not that I have plans to move anytime in the very near future, but someday my little family and I think we’d like move out of my aunt’s basement.
Heather is such an awesome person. She has made my life better. I know that I am pretty dang lucky to have a friend that I’ve known forever.
2 comments:
You guys went on the craziest trips. I remember your adventures in the hostel in San Fransisco. Heather's not afraid to have an adventure. :) When she moves up here we all need to get together!
What is Heather up to? I haven't seen her....since the MTC? No, there might have been a siting or two after the missions, but I can't even remember. Tell her I say hi!
Post a Comment