Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stupid allergies

My seasonal allergies are sooooo bad this season. It is driving me crazy. They keep me awake at night. (If it isn't one thing with me, it's another, huh?) I need to have a tissue dispenser surgically attached to my body. Although I don't want it to get too cold any time soon, I am looking forward to it because apparently that's when the pollen counts will drop.

I cough and sneeze like crazy. With last years swine flu scare people look at me like I am going to infect them with death. But really, it's just allergies. I hate that when it's a windy day I have to consider not stepping foot outside my house. And most days that is not a possibility because I have a kid in school. Plus I am not a stay inside all day kind of person.

I have taken different allergy medicines in the past, but nothing really seems to cut it when my allergies are really bad. I've been tested and I know what I am allergic too. I was going to start allergy shots, but the time commitment and cost is just too much right now. Plus, do they really work?

I am considering doing this therapy called Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique. My sister-in-law has been telling me about it for years and recently I keep coming across more and more people who I trust and have done it that swear by it. But then I read stuff about how it's just a scam. I'm gonna think about it for a while.

In the meantime, anybody have any great remedies for dealing with seasonal allergies?

1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

Oh - am I ever with you! I am ready to die! My kids have severe allergies as well and that bothers me more, I think. I'm nursing and just suck it up because I know I shouldn't take anything. Michael becomes wildly irritable with every medication we've tried, so no meds there either. Talking to Angie, she thinks her years of shots helped immensely, as does Chelane. Did some research and we're planning on starting Michael and I with shots in a month or so. Because frankly, I just can't live like this 8-9 months of the year! Good luck!