Ben has been strangely extremely defiant the past couple of weeks. Over the top intense. It started the day we went to Kindergarten orientation. He didn't actually start going to school until the next week, but apparently he sensed his world was changing. I wondered if he was just making it easier for me to have him go to school because we both could use a break from each other. I know I shouldn't let it bother me so much but when Ben says he hates me and I am the meanest mom ever I get super frustrated.
Thank goodness the past two days things have gotten a lot better. He is nicer to me, he is nicer to Jack.
After the first couple of days of school he told me he didn't want to go back, but he only said it once and he hasn't said it since then. He is enjoying school and I am kind of liking that he has a life outside of me and he loves to tell me about it. And no matter how crazy he makes me I miss him and I am so glad to see him after school.
1 comment:
So frustrating! My kids spent the last two weeks of summer at each others throats. I was so excited for school this year, just to get them away from each other! My kindergartener has been very moody too, even though his teacher is a family friend and he has known her and her classroom for years. Change is hard!
Post a Comment