I haven't written many posts lately. Most of the summer, actually. My computer was on the fritz for a while and when it was fixed, I just never got back into blogging. We had a busy and not so busy summer. Busy on the weekends and not so busy during the week.
I can't really even remember what we did on the weekdays to keep ourselves busy. Hmmm, maybe that's why the kids drove me so crazy this summer. The only structured thing we did was in July we did classes with a city recreation program. Ben took a class called Balls of Fun. He loved it and the older teenagers who taught the class were just simply awesome. Jack and I did a mom and tot singing class together and we both loved it. We spent some time with my sister and her kids, but not near as much as we have in the past. Sad :(
Our weekends were especially busy because we signed up for a bunch of activities with the Utah State Park system. We did things like drive out to the middle of nowhere (Bonanza, UT) to dig for fossils with State Park field guides, we did a bunch of water activities at Utah Lake, we went golfing, camping, and fishing at the Palisades (and the State Park rangers took care of the food, how nice is that? And I had way too much fun driving the golf cart around.) In addition to the activities at the Utah State Parks we went to my grandpa's cabin a couple of times, Chad and I ran a 5K (Chad had been running a lot longer beforehand, so I was pretty sure he would beat me. I told him it was okay to run ahead of me. Turns out my insanely long legs do me pretty good. I wasn't the winner or anything, but I did better than I thought I would), we put a sandbox in our backyard, went to a parade, we went boating a couple of times, and our last adventure was a trip to Capitol Reef National Park. We go there a lot. We usually go in the spring and Capitol Reef has hundreds of historic fruit trees. While they are gorgeous in bloom in the spring I have always wanted to be there for the harvest. Back in February I entered a lottery for the group campsite and got the group campsite for the last weekend in August. Perfect, because I wanted to be there for the peach harvest. I am obsessed with peaches! Turns out that even though we could see ripe peaches in the orchards the orchards they were in were locked. I am not sure why. Fortunately I got to eat two delicious peaches, but just two. They were awesome. They were sweet and when I bit into them the juice just ran down my arm. Sooooo good.
Warning- Lots of pictures in no particular order because I don't want to go to the trouble of organizing them.
























2 comments:
I love the pictures of the kids sneaking the pretzels
I love peaches too! My grandma has a white peach tree that I dream about eating those peaches all of the time! Your pictures are beautiful.
Post a Comment