Monday, June 28, 2010

Flying beer cans and Jose

(My scanner is broken, but I wanted to post some pictures.)


The August after I graduated from high school my sister and I took an awesome road trip to the Oregon Coast with our friend Heather and our friend Anja. (Anja- prounounced 'onya' is from Germany. We met her when she moved in across the street from us with a family as a foreign exchange student.)

The first night of our trip we drove and drove and drove. Finally when we couldn't drive anymore we turned off onto a dirt road, pulled over and threw all of our sleeping stuff out on a tarp.
The next day we drove and drove and drove some more. We were almost to the coast. It was the weekend and since it was early evening we had a difficult time finding a camping place. Finally we found a camping spot at a "horse camp". (A campground where you can keep horses too. I don't remember seeing any horses though.)

We set up camp in the dark and then cooked dinner by flashlight. After dinner we went to bed. Okay, we didn't really go to bed. We were a bunch of teenage girls, so we talked and laughed late into the night. A while after we got in the tent a couple pulled into the camp spot next to us. They were more loud and annoying than us and their headlights were shining in our tent for a long time.

We quickly learned that the couple was a man and a woman. The whole night long we never heard the man say a word, but the woman? She yelled late into the night at her companion, "Jose." She was totally drunk and was loud and belligerent.

At one point, we yelled at her to "be quiet." And she yelled and yelled back. Anja wanted to get out of the tent and go talk to her. We didn't want Anja to get hurt.
We eventually fell asleep.

And then in the morning I was laying in the tent and I heard my sister, Jennifer, talking to somebody. I believe it was a ranger and this is what I heard,
"I heard you guys had a loud party last night."

What!?

Jennifer tried to explain that it wasn't us, but he wouldn't believe her.
After the ranger left a lady from a camp spot across from us came over an brought us a can of beer that she said we had thrown at her in the middle of the night when she yelled to be quiet.
We tried to explain it wasn't us, but she wouldn't believe us either.

Seriously.

Why would we have been yelling 'Jose' all night long? I can't believe that crazy lady got out of trouble and if I remember correctly when she was approached about the situation, she blamed it on us.

Seriously.

Crazy lady.

(Here was are the morning after the above mentioned incident. Okay, I might look a little drunk in the above photo, but I guarantee you I was not.)

1 comment:

Heather K. said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I forgot about THAT part of the trip! I always tell the story of the car top carrier we decorated like a pig. But now that you mention it, I do remember feeling abused that morning. US? Throwing a kegger? That trip was the beginning of my adulthood, even if it doesn't look like it! I realized that I can do things BY MYSELF. Can you believe it took me that long?