Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

This is what we do with our Christmas presents to keep the boys from opening them early. I think they look pretty up there on the entertainment center. Photobucket
Twas the night before Christmas
Christmas Eve we gathered with my family and exchanged Christmas gifts and then had some yummy food. Then we came home and put the boys to bed.Photobucket
Photobucket
Christmas morning
My boys like to sleep in, like me. On Christmas Eve I told Chad that I never want to wake our children up on Christmas, because it won't be long before they are waking us up. I ended up eating my words. A little before 9am the boys were still asleep. Since I was excited and we needed to get the day started I woke them up. They were a little dazed for a few minutes, but then really got into the swing of things. The boys got plasma cars, build and play toys, dress up clothes, and a bike (for Ben).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My favorite gift I gave were these super hero capes that I made for the boys. Ben was indifferent towards them, Jack wores his all day. He loves the silky fabric.
Photobucket
After opening gifts and playing with them for a while we went over to my parent's house for our traditional breakfast of omelets and scones. Then we went to Chad's parents and then we finished off the evening at my grandparent's house.
Ben loved all his gifts, but he was extremely disappointed that he didn't get some kind of gun. Especially because most of his boy cousins on both sides of the family got nerf guns. When he expressed his disappointment to me over and over again, of course I said to him, "you can't have a gun, you'll shoot your eye out." :)
I hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Photobucket

3 comments:

talonandanna said...

looks like a lot of fun new toys for the kiddos! love the fam pic in front of the tree. very cute. :)

Jodi said...

So cute, great job making those dress up clothes.

Melanie said...

Your hair looks great! Cute family picture! Adorable boys! Merry Christmas!