JackI can't believe this was taken last year. Time passes too quickly. Look at Jack, he looks so different. Look at those cute chubby cheeks, I miss them. Jack use to look so different from Ben, now he is starting to look so much like him.
Jack is just a bucket of fun lately. He is such a fun age. Yeah, he gets into all the drawers and pulls stuff out and he climbs up on the table or counter and dances, but I know it's just a phase and I'm really enjoying a lot of the things he is doing right now.
He's been a little sick the past couple of days though and isn't he usual mostly mellow, but happy little boy. He came down with a cold last Friday, by Sunday he was having a hard time with his breathing. We gave him some breathing treatments on Sunday. Monday I took him to the doctor where the doctor said that Jack will probably have a hard time breathing every time he gets a cold and it will most likely be something he grows out of. She gave us a prescription for some steroids to help open his airways.
We had to figure out how to give Jack one and a half tiny pills that are super, super bitter. The doctor told us to crush them up and put them in something super sweet. Jack doesn't like taking medicine, even the kind that tastes like candy, so he wasn't easily fooled. It was quite tricky getting him to take the pills. Now I'm afraid he's not going to be wanting to eat yogurt, Leatherby's caramel, or penuch anytime soon.
The steroids make him super irritable, at least he was yesterday. He cried a lot. It was a very hard day for him and a little for me. Hopefully he won't need steroids too often, they are kind of dangerous anyway if taken too often.
He is such a super smart little boy. His memory is amazing. I thought I had a pretty good memory (or at least I use to). A couple of times this week Ben has remembered things that I couldn't remember right away. He was right and I was wrong.
Lately Ben does this strange thing when he talks, he gets stuck on sounds. He says cat-t-t-t-t (the sounds slowly gets quieter) or couch-ch-ch-ch. He's done this before, then stops for a while, then starts again. I'm not sure why he does it, but when I remember to I'll tell him the letter or letters of the sound he is stuck on.
Ben is soooooo excited for Christmas. Every morning he wakes up and asks me if it's Christmas and every morning he has a meltdown when I tell him that it isn't. Today I get to tell him that Christmas is tomorrow, I'm excited.
ChadThe past month, because of the Christmas season, we've been a little busy. I haven't had enough time to just sit and talk with Chad. We talk, but in short little snippits. I love my kids, but sometimes I really miss having a lot of time with just Chad. I love him more than anything. Before I had kids I use to talk with my friend Tawni about how much I love Chad and how I love spending time with him. I was super in love, I still am, it's just different. Tawni had a little girl and I remember her telling me that marriage changes a lot after you have kids and you don't have the time for each other like you use to, but when she watches her husband with her little girl she has that same 'in love' feeling. She was sooooo right. When Chad is laughing, loving, and playing with our little boys I'm so 'in love' with all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment