Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Every Party Has a Pooper

So tomorrow night is New Year's Eve. We have the option of going a few different places, but what do I want to do? Stay home and go to bed at a reasonable hour. It's kind of silly because most nights I stay up close to midnight anyway, but I was thinking of maybe doing something different for New Year's Eve. I should start the year on a good note when it comes to sleeping. My boys are three and one and they don't really need to stay up until midnight. I want Chad to go to a game night with his friends. He feels bad leaving me, but seriously I'm okay with it.
What are you doing for New Year's Eve? Anybody else want to just go to bed like me?

3 comments:

MNCarlsson said...

You could stay home and have a party with your boys... just do what my old boss would do with her grandkids. Watch a movie (or do something else) and while they kids are distracted, change the clocks in the house to a later time. It gets dark enough early enough that if the clocks say 12:00 and it's only really 9:00 they won't know the difference.
Chris got free pins to go to First Night down here, but I prefer to stay home where's is nice and warm.

MoJo said...

We are working on our bathroom so we can go to a breakfast party in the morning. Our little family party, for which a bought fresh tortillas and salsa, popper fireworks,and confetti, will end at 8:00. That's my kind of happy.

Tringali Family said...

We went to bed around 11:30 and chatted for a while. We then heard firecrackers and cheering. I totally had forgotten why that was going on. Steve said Happy New Year, and I thought "oh, that's why"....Happy New year