Last weekend, since it was so hot down here, we decided to go up to my grandparent's cabin. Despite the fact the I get really annoyed when I have to plan for, pack for, and clean up after a trip, I'm glad we went. It was a nice weekend away.



What did we do at the cabin? Mostly we just relaxed and played and Chad worked on a few projects for my grandpa. My cousins, Jeremy and Austin, were up there and Ben had so much fun playing with them.
The temperature never got above 80 degrees, it was so nice.

We spent a lot of time out on the porch enjoying the cool weather and watching the hummingbirds (there was around a dozen of them).


My grandpa likes to keep us entertained, so there are all kinds of things to do. There's a
horseshoe pit, a kid killer (a big pole and a rope with a handle on the edge of a hill), volleyball court, crawdad fishing, golfing, etc...



The boys took a bath in the jacuzzi tub. This was one of my favorite things to do at the cabin when I was a kid.

I especially loved doing this-

Making lots of bubbles and covering myself with them.
A few people have asked me what my grandpa's cabin is like. So here's some pictures. It's not rustic, it has heating and plumbing. And it has carpeted floors.

I don't think a cabin is a cabin without an animal on the wall. My grandpa's cabin has lots of them.



My family started building the cabin the year my parents were married, so we've been going to it as long as I can remember. I feel so lucky that my grandpa built this awesome cabin and that he loves to have us use it.
2 comments:
Oddly enough, even I have fond memories of your grandpa's cabin! I'm forever jealous of the idea of having a family place to escape to whenever the fancy hits you. Such a treasure! We'll just keep pressuring my dad to built his cabin and then invite all the Gerbers up too! Fun to see photos of the cabin.
How did you know that just the other day I was talking to Chris about how nice it would be to escape to the cabin. We'd love to get away for some nice cool weather and the cabin would be just the place. If only it weren't so far away.
Post a Comment