Yuck! It gives me the heebeejeebees just looking at the pictures. So, I know that at least two of the people who read my blog live somewhere where bugs are this big or bigger, but this bug is huge for where I live. In fact, it's the biggest beetle in the western United States.Friday, August 08, 2008
Beetle Juice
Last night we were sitting out on the porch enjoying the cool night air. Chad lit a tiki torch and the boys were enjoying watching the flame. I originally went outside because Ben wanted me to come look at a June beetle. So we're sitting in the patio chairs when Ben tells me there is something on the back of the chair. I thought it was just another June beetle, but it was this-
Yuck! It gives me the heebeejeebees just looking at the pictures. So, I know that at least two of the people who read my blog live somewhere where bugs are this big or bigger, but this bug is huge for where I live. In fact, it's the biggest beetle in the western United States.
This isn't the first time I've seen this bug. The first time I ran into one was in the middle of the night in our bathroom. It scared the crap out of me. One thing that totally freaked me out is that we don't have a window in our bathroom. We were sleeping with the window open that night, so this bug came in our bedroom window and made it's way into the bathroom. I'm glad that I didn't wake up with it on my face or anything. Needless to say, we didn't sleep with the window open again until we found the screen.
Yuck! It gives me the heebeejeebees just looking at the pictures. So, I know that at least two of the people who read my blog live somewhere where bugs are this big or bigger, but this bug is huge for where I live. In fact, it's the biggest beetle in the western United States.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yuck! Even though I run into freaky bugs here in Georgia, I too get creeped out just looking at your pictures! *Shudder*
AAAh! Who got close enough to that bug to put the penny next to it?!! Bleh.
Blech! I am sorry!
You should have called Heather's kids over. Cy would have played with it all night
My husband put the penny by the beetle. He also saved me from the one in the bathroom. He thought I was overreacting a little bit until the beetle started hissing loudly at him.
Post a Comment