Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Birthday

I wrote a little poem and made this invitation for Jack's birthday party. We won't do a big party with both sides of the family every year, but I think that the 1st birthday is a very significant birthday. Jack woke up at 6:00am on his birthday and wouldn't go back to sleep. We celebrated his birthday on Saturday night with Chad's family and Chad's mom gave Jack a new bath toy, so I decided to start Jack's birthday doing his favorite thing-taking a bath.
It was fun for him to be able to take a bath alone otherwise Ben would have commandeered his new bath toy.

Later that night we celebrated his birthday with my family. I bought him this cute little cake from the local grocery store. He shared this cake with his brother and cousins.

I made this dessert for everyone else. It's buttery yellow cake layered with homemade frozen lemon custard. (Thanks for the lemony idea Valerie!)

Jack loves all the toys he got and he was perfectly fine with having his brother and cousins open all his gifts for him. Next year I'll have to hold Ben back.

And the day ended with yet another bath.

2 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

What a cute invitation! You do everything so perfectly - it's sort of disgusting actually. He looks like he had a wonderful first birthday - it's sort hard to know how much to do for an event they'll never remember :)

Melanie said...

I love your poem! So sweet! Makes me cherish the little things I love about my boys-what makes them unique! You are a good mommy!