Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm tired

*Warning-this entry is yet another one about my kids sleeping.*

Jack was acting like a newborn last night. He went to bed around 8:30. He woke up two hours later, Chad gave him his pacifier and fortunately he went back to sleep. He woke up around midnight and wanted to eat. Then he woke up at 3:00. I was tired and didn't want to feed him, so I told Chad to take him in Ben's room and put him in the crib. I kind of hoped that he would just cry himself back to sleep. Turns out Chad is a softy and was having a hard time letting Jack cry, so Chad brought Jack back into me. I fed him, but he wouldn't go to sleep. Finally around 4:00am, he pooped, I changed his and his clothes, and he fell back to sleep.

Although I would love to sleep more than three hours at a time, I don't mind waking up with Jack once (sometimes twice) a night. I enjoy rocking him in the middle of the night because it's quiet and I don't have to worry about what Ben is doing. I never would have imagined how much I enjoy the quiet moments with him in the middle of the night. Once, twice a night is fine. Three, four times a night is exhausting.

This picture has nothing to do with this entry besides that it is a picture of my cute little Jack. Trouble, but super cute!

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Very cute photo. I'm jealous of your photography abilities. (Yours and Chad's!)

Melanie said...

I am starting to also see that it is somewhat a good thing that Peter needs me the most at nighttime. It is the only time I have to just take care of Peter. I am sorry you never get to sleep, though!!