So, here's how much I got the crackers for-
Yep, $.44 for both boxes of crackers. Here's how I did it-
(Hopefully, you can read receipt, my scanner isn't working right now, so I took a picture.)
1. Nabisco crackers were on sale at Smith's for $1.67 a box.
2. I read an article a couple of weeks ago about coupons you can load onto your frequent shoppers card. In the article it specifically said that until they get rid of paper coupons, you'll be able to use the "e-coupon" and a paper coupon for double savings. The website is www.shortcuts.com. It only works for one store in my area. There aren't a ton of coupons to load on yet, but there was a coupon for Nabisco crackers. The coupon was $1.00 off two boxes.
3. I found some manufacturer's coupons at another store, taped to a cracker display. It was a great coupon- $1.00 off one box of crackers.
Before tax the crackers were $.17 a box. The total came to $.44 because they charged me tax before some of the coupons.
I get so excited when I get a great deal on something that is useful to me, it's kind of silly sometimes.
4 comments:
Another great place you might try of coupons is coupons.com. I found it from another website I frequent startsampling.com
They only have a few pages of coupons, but they do change them occasionally. I've used them to buy a few things I wouldn't normally buy, or save on things I often buy
Wow, I am impressed. I try to find good deals to!
I am obsessive with coupons. I LOVE to stack coupons, for example Target coupons with mfg coupons on baby stuff is great, mfg coupons at NPS gets me lots of near free things, and even mfg coupons with the free after rebate deals at Walgreens and Rite-Aid EARNS me money. Yes, I'm sort of a freak. I like to put all the free things I get into one bag and show Steve how incredible his wife is at getting so much stuff free. He doesn't really seem to care, but I think it's quite a high. I frequent vickysdeals.com, retailmenot.com, and even e-mail manufacturers of things we buy and ask for coupons (Flinstones vitamins is one that will send a coupon for a free $17 bottle of vitamins!)
Anyway, nice to know that others get joy out of such simple things!
You are the woman!! I love getting good deals...but you are definately better at it than I am!
Post a Comment