I have an insatiable sweet tooth. I love candy. I especially love cotton candy. It's one of my favorite things about going to the fair or an amusement park. Chad's previous employer use to rent a cotton candy machine for their summer work party. They let people use the machine themselves, it was awesome. One year I was making a huge cone of cotton candy when a whole bunch of kids came over and tried to stick their paper cones in too. It made me mad. Yes, I like cotton candy that much.
When Chad and I were dating we had a conversation about wishes. He was telling me that his sister finally got a horse. It was something she had wanted her entire life, it was her 'dream wish.' It made me think about what my 'dream wish' was. I thought about it for a while and I ended up deciding that my 'dream wish' was a cotton candy machine. Chad was on his mission when I finally decided what my 'dream wish' was, so I told him once in a letter. Years later, the first Christmas we were married, Chad gave me a cotton candy machine. It was an awesome gift. It's a small machine and someday Chad wants to buy me a cotton candy machine just like they have at the fairs. Someday when we're rich, because those things are pretty pricey. I don't use the cotton candy machine much now because of Beepers. It's a little bit dangerous to use it with him around because hot pieces of flying sugar escape the machine when it's spinning cotton candy. Also, it doesn't make enough cotton candy for Chad, Beepers, and I.
I love things that are cotton candy flavored. Somethings don't really taste like cotton candy, but some things are amazingly close. One of my favorites is cotton candy ice cream. It's hard to find and I only come across it every once it a while, but it's delicious! I've been trying to get my brother to make it at the ice cream store he manages.
This year I discovered cotton candy taffy from Sweet Candy Factory. It is so good. It's one of my favorite candies now. Mmmm, I'm eating one right now. Candy before breakfast? Beepers would be upset if he knew. Oh well, it's one of the fun things about being an adult. Eating what you want, when you want (within reason).

1 comment:
Mmmm... cotton candy. The Wal-Mart where I used to live used to sell them in buckets and when they did I usually had a bucket around the house.
I know its horrible, but summers her are so hot that we often have ice cream for dinner, cereal is another favorite too.
Post a Comment