Have you ever wondered why I refer to my children as Beepers and Binkers? When our oldest was a newborn he had a onsie that had a truck on it and the words 'beep beep'. I started calling him beep beep which eventually turned into Beepers. We still call him Beepers. When I was pregnant we asked Beepers what we should name the new baby. He said we should name him 'bink'. I only use the name Binkers on my blog as our new little guy's nicknames involve his real name. Sometimes I wonder why I don't use their real names on my blog, maybe I will someday. Or maybe won't.
Beepers had his first haircut since he was a little baby that didn't involve screaming and thrashing about. He didn't even cry at all, it was so nice. Beepers sat on my sister's lap while my brother-in-law and four year old nephew cut Beepers' hair. We did it outside on a windy day. The wind blew the hair away, keeping it off of Beepers' face. I think the reason he usually gets upset while he is getting his haircut is that the hair gets in his face so he starts screaming and crying. The tears make more hair stick to his face and he just gets more and more upset. I'm glad we figured out how to cut his hair without tears, but the since the weather won't always be ideal tear free haircuts will still be difficult to accomplish. Beepers is so handsome with his new haircut.
Binkers is now two months old. He is a sweet, sweet baby. Beepers was a sweet baby too, Binkers just sleeps better so far. Actually I can't remember when Beepers horrible sleeping problems started. All I know is that right now Beepers wakes up more times in the night that Binkers does.
Binkers is fat and happy. He is a little chunk. Almost everybody who sees Binkers says that he is soooo big. I have big babies and they get big fast. He is in the 90th percentile on his height and 95th on his weight. Beepers was the same way when he was a baby. Now Beepers is just average.
I feel so lucky that I've had such mellow babies. My mom said that I cried a lot when I was a baby and she jokes around that that is why she named me Crystal, because the word 'cry' is in my name. I thought that I would have extremely demanding babies that cried a lot, so I feel soooooo lucky that my boys are so mellow. I think they got that trait from their sweet dad.
2 comments:
I miss you guys and really want to see Binkers and Beepers. I do very much like the pictures, and someone posted that you got a new camera. What kind?
Chad mentioned you guys were thinking of coming down, we would love to have you! We don't have a big bed or anything, but we do now have a spare room. If not, perhaps I'll be able to arrange time next year to come visit.
Since next time you cut his hair it will probably be too cold outside, you should try cutting it with him sitting in front of a free standing fan. Maybe that will help, and since it would be blowing the same direction and a consistent wind, it will make it easier to cut. Worth a try!
Thanks for explaining how you came up with your boys names, I was wondering. I call Mia our sea-otter-otta-motta-mia and Ella is our Ella-porta-bella. Mia used to make a sea otter sound so we called her that and Ella is just so chubby and I don't know how we really got her name...it just came to us!
Post a Comment