What do you do with those annoying credit card offers you get in the mail? I use the return envelope to mail everything back to the credit card company, including the envelope they mailed it in. The credit card company has to pay for the postage. I can't take credit for this idea, I got the idea from an article that I read on the internet. I don't know why, but it just makes me laugh when I do it. If you do it too, don't forget to cut out anything that identifies that it's from you. Then again, who cares if you leave that info.
3 comments:
I worked at an American Express bank for a few years. This is a really common practice. You don't have to limit what you send to them to the things they sent you. Pornographic pictures were, I believe, the most common thing included in the envelope. Second runner up was church-related offers and paraphernalia. The post office will deliver anything. The most infamous return offer received was a brick taped to the postage-paid return envelope. It had a valued spot on the monitor of one of the high-ups in the bank.
So Melanie have you ever sent anything to a credit card company at their expense? Or would you feel kind of bad doing so?
I've heard this idea, but I never think to do it. In addition to all the ones we personally get, we also get them for the guy who used to live with us and I have no idea why, but for some reason we've even started getting credit card applications for my in-laws.
I really need to remember to do this...
Post a Comment