Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No question

Unfortunately Luke has become less than a stellar sleeper lately. It coincides with him rolling over and we can't successfully swaddle him anymore. :( And for some reason the bigger boys are coming in our room more and kind of taking over our bed. I am tempted to lock our bedroom door but Ben sleep walks and I am worried what he will do in the middle of the night. I can't lock them in their room because sometimes they need to go potty in the middle of the night.

It was amazing to me how much getting better sleep improved my mood and outlook on life. And it's amazing how quickly I can feel run down and exhausted after getting only a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep at a time.

Luke isn't sleeping so well at night and when it comes to naps, Ben's in school now so there is no longer sleeping in for me, and Jack is driving me crazy because his world has been turned upside down with Ben being gone most of the time. Today I was feeding Luke. I was already tired, but feeding Luke makes me extra sleepy. Jack, Luke, and I were in my room and I started falling asleep. I ended up sleeping for about five minutes in increments of ten seconds. In between sleeping Jack was yelling at me to wake up and get him a drink of water, and I was telling him that there was one on the counter in the kitchen. I was certain because I had put it there ten minutes before. Jack wouldn't go get it because he was afraid to go alone. Our kitchen is about 15 feet from our bedroom. Jack freaks out about being alone. He was so use to always having Ben around, he just doesn't like being alone. He has become less fond of Luke because he is jealous of the attention I give Luke.

Always in my mind I am thinking, "someday I will really miss this time in my life. Before I know it my kids will be moving out of the house". I know it will seem that time just went too fast. I know this because my oldest is already in first grade and my baby is growing way too fast. I will probably forget a lot of the crazy hard times and wish I enjoyed my children more at every stage of their lives. There is no question that this is hard and it isn't going to get easier; I don't want to forget what I survived. There Is no question that I am trying to enjoy my children. There is no question that I LOVE THEM!!!

2 comments:

Mac G said...

And there is no question that they love you and that they KNOW you love them.

Aim Aug said...

Oh Crystal! It will get better. My 9 yr old has had his room in the basement for over a year, but recently he started freaking out about it. He loved it, then a 180! So we've had to change our nighttime routine, so we read all together, prayer, 4 and 6 in bed, then down, 9 in bed and I camp out in the family room downstairs reading or watching tv until he is positively asleep. Then my 4 yr sometimes gets out of bed and finds me and tells me she has a secret that couldn't wait until morning. We made a new rule, we don't get mad, we just turn them around and walk them back to bed. No talking, no positive or negative rewards, just back to bed. It's hard, but it's been getting better. Good luck!