Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Crazies

Last week I was talking to my brother-in-law, Jeremy. Our conversation went something like this-

Me- Hey, sorry for my crazy idea.
Jeremy- No worries. One thing I have learned about you and your sister is that I never know what you two are going to come up with next.


So, what was my idea? My sister, mom, and I are in Texas. Houston, Texas. It's like a bazillion degrees here and 110% humidity. Yes, I am exaggerating, but really, it's HOT!

Oh, I forgot to mention all the kids are with us. Our hubbies are at home living it up. Actually they have jobs to go to and projects to work on at home, but I hope they have a little fun too.

What in the world would bring us to the "land down under" (and I don't mean Australia) in the middle of the summer? We decided what kind of car we wanted to buy, and discovered they are a little cheaper in Texas. We have relatives here, so we decided to plan a little trip. That's me and my sister, anything for an adventure. (And of course a good deal.) We flew here and we have plane tickets home, but if we find a car we will be driving it home.

Until then, we will have fun in the heat. We have inundated my aunt and uncle's house with our crazy kids. I am pretty sure they are glad to have us here, but I also pretty sure they will be a little relieved when we are gone.

1 comment:

Kyra Marie said...

When my mom told me you where headed down to stay with the Green's I said, "Who on earth would go to Texas in the middle of August??" hahaha hope you're having fun!