Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another weekend at the yurt

Once again we took a trip up to the East Canyon yurts. That's the third year in a row. I would say it is a tradition now. Last year we were annoyed by neighbors who were drinking and smoking pot, so this year we filled up three of the four yurts with people we know. (And who we know don't smoke pot or drink, or at least we don't think they do.) I was trying to get all four yurts full, but I couldn't get enough takers. Thanks to my parents and the awesome Koger Family! We had soooo much fun. With it being winter it wasn't super conducive to being able to hang out much with the Kogers in the yurts, but we had a lot of fun outside the yurts. Lots and lots of sledding, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.




And just like last year and almost every trip we go on, I get super ornery trying to get ready. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much work. But it's mostly fun once we are there. We love all the fun things to do outside and then we love hanging out with my sister, brother-in-law, and their kids, and this year my parents inside the yurt. We ate nummy food, played games, sat by the warm fire, and drank gallons of hot chocolate.
The day we left to come home, Jack woke up in the morning and then fell right back to sleep. He was exhausted and slept until we had to wake him up when it was time to check out. Turns out he was getting sick.
We were all pretty exhausted and when we got home I laid down to take a nap. Before I could fall asleep, Chad came in the room to tell me my parents house flooded while we were gone. Crazy!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

awesome pictures, awesome time! We definitely want to make it tradiation. And no, we don't do pot. :) Thanks for everything

PhillipsClan said...

Hey! We don't smoke pot! Just wanted to get that eligibility issue established for next year. How on earth do you upload so many pictures?