Friday, December 24, 2010

Mmmmm

Don't you love all the sweet things that are part of Christmas time?

Cookies
I have a sugar cookie and a buttercream frosting recipe that I absolutely love, so the kids and their cousins decorated cookies one night.
Candy
Once again I made penuche and pecan logs . My grandma has been making it for 50+ years. I will probably end up doing the same thing. Penuche is a big part of Christmas to me, penuche runs through my blood.

I had my own little sweat shop going this year. The boys bagged the pecan logs, Chad sealed them.


Gingerbread Houses
Why exactly do we have kids decorate Gingerbread Houses? They want to destroy them as soon as they are built.

I made my boys wait three days to eat their Gingerbread Houses. It was torture for them. And then yesterday I let them attack them.
I thought it would be fun to drill a hole in the side of the Gingerbread house and throw in a firecracker. Hmm, probably not a good thing to show little boys. And Jack did just fine destroying the Gingerbread House on his own. (Actually with a little help from his brother. Ben's train is just fine. Brothers can be kind of mean sometimes, huh?)
I love all the sweet things, but I am a little sugared out. How about you?

No comments: