In just a few months Jack and Ben will have a new sibling. While this is a wonderful thing, it's a change and change isn't always easy. Lately I have been especially mindful of the relationship that Jack and Ben have. I remember before I had Jack I was worried about how having a sibling was going to change Ben's world. So of course I wonder how a new sibling will change their relationship. It probably won't change it much and I think Jack and Ben are going to be awesome older brothers.
I love watching the relationship between Ben and Jack. I am so happy they have each other. Ben is an amazing older brother. He is so gentle and sweet and kind to Jack. Sometimes he is mean and rough. But the mean isn't often and the rough is mostly just when the brotherly wrestling gets out of control.
Jack just adores Ben. Yes they fight, but more and more lately they play, and play, and play happily together.
Today when we came home from church Ben helped Jack change out of his sunday clothes and into play clothes. And the past couple of days Ben has started to wipe Jack's bum for him after Jack takes care of business. (We didn't ask Ben to do it, in fact I feel kind of bad that he does it.)
If that isn't love, then I don't know what is.


















3 comments:
How sweet! Michael is the best brother to Lily and I had the same concerns. Now, I can't believe I was ever worried. They still play together and love each other to bits, but now they have another one to kiss and hug in the middle of all their fun. Michael had one week when he told us he loved the baby and not Lily, but we've all quickly learned it doesn't work that way and the happiness and love is just multiplied. So happy for you!
So sweet! I can't wait for Benson to have a brother or sister. Your boys are so cute! I bet they will love the next little one to pieces.
Those are some of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen! I meant to tell you about how sweet Ben was a preschool the other day-- he was complimenting all of the other kids when the did something right and was helping everyone out. You've got one special spirit on your hands.
Post a Comment