Thursday, February 04, 2010

Some days

Some days lately I feel like I've finally figured things out. What I mean is I will think-
Okay I've got this mom and stay-at-home-mom thing under control.
I won't have a ton of moments of feeling completely overwhelmed. I've got a routine down and the boys are willing participants and even if they are defiant I am patient.

Yesterday was not one of those days.
I don't know if it's a full moon or if the planets are aligned in such a way that it's throwing off the gravitational pull which in turn is effecting me or the boys or both of us. Who knows. It just was not a good day.

I yelled. (I feel so bad when I do that.) I got mad at Chad for silly things. Ben was especially mean to Jack. Ben threw couch cushions at me because he was angry. Jack's ears were broken- he ran away from me multiple times and wouldn't listen when I told him to come back and would make me chase him.

I am so grateful that every day is a new day and today doesn't have to be like yesterday. I am so glad children are so forgiving. I will get mad at Ben and within minutes he is kissing me and hugging me and telling me how much he loves me.

So like I said some days I have things under control. I am not a routine person but the past couple of months I have been trying to be better at somewhat following a routine. I made Ben these lists a long time ago

and now we are a lot better at following them. I need to make Jack his own lists. We've always had a routine at night, but lately we've been better about following a morning routine. It takes us most of the morning. When we have to go somewhere earlier than 11:00am it's tricky. Most of the time we don't have places to be, but in six months that it is all going to change when Ben starts kindergarten. Yup, kindergarten. Crazy!

Sometimes it drives me crazy that it takes so long to get out of the house in the morning, but lately I have become even more mindful of how lucky I am that life can be at a slow pace. Use to drive me crazy. But now I mostly love it and have gotten use to it. Use to it, just in time for it to change. Ahh, that's life though huh?

1 comment:

talonandanna said...

AMEN. glad for each new day. glad for little heathens who quickly forgive. glad for friends who are genuine (like you). glad for kindergarten soon! :) let's get together girl!