The other day Ben asked me, "Mom, what is Valentine's Day?" My first thought was to say that it's the day that we tell people we love them, but I didn't want to say that because we should tell people we love them every day. I thought about it for a little bit and then said to Ben, "Valentine's is the day that we celebrate how lucky we are to have people to love."
I am one lucky girl.

I love Chad because he is sooo patient with me. He works hard, so I can be home with the boys, and then he listens to me complain about how hard it is. He spoils me. He wants me to be happy, and he is constantly trying to be a better husband and father.

Ben, as my first born, can have things pretty rough sometimes. But on the flipside I have a very intense, deep relationship with him. He's my son, but he is also one of my best friends. At times he is a very concerned and thoughtful little boy.

And my little Jack? He's a little fireball, but it's so fun to have a second child and just be a little more relaxed. I'm a second child and I see personality quirks in him that are similar to mine. He's just a little more laid back than Ben.
I am one lucky girl to be surrounded by these boys.

2 comments:
What a great post, made me a little teary.....
a house full of boys... nothing better! :)
Post a Comment