Don't you wish you life had a rewind button? You'd probably end up using it way to much and thus miss out on valuable learning experiences or completely changing your path on life. So, it probably wouldn't be good. But it would be nice every once in a while.
Yesterday after Chad got off work we went up to my aunt's house to get something. (We still have stuff up there we need to move down to our house.) While we were there my cousin J showed up. J is from Texas, going to school here, and living with my grandparents. Some of his stuff is over at my aunts house.
So while we were getting loading up stuff in our car, J was putting on rollerblades. As we left, Chad said to J, "Be careful. Are you sure you can handle hills?" And J said, "I think so."
And then we drove off. A little while later I was thinking, what the heck does J think he is doing? He spent most of his life in Houston, Texas where hills are pretty much nonexistent. And the hills by my aunts house are insane.
This morning my mom called me and said, "Did you hear what happened to J?"
To which I replied, "Did he wreck on his rollerblades?"
Yep he did and he wrecked bad. He broke his femur six or so inches below his hip and it was a spiral fracture so he had to have surgery.
So, I am a mom and when we saw him at my aunts house I thought, he needs pads and a helmet and I have some right here in the garage. I didn't say anything because I know he would have said, "no, I'm good." It wouldn't have stopped him from breaking his leg. Fortunately he doesn't have a serious head injury, as far as I know. If he did I would have felt bad for not saying anything. Life is crazy like that.
1 comment:
Poor guy! Kay broke her femur when she was five months old when I fell down the stairs holding her. It's the hardest bone in the body to break supposedly. It must have been a spectacular crash. Hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment