Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas Candy


This year I made a bunch of penuche, four double batches. I used some of the penuche to make pecan logs, and for the first time in a long time I didn't overcook the caramel. I also tried making almond nougat. It kind of worked, not too bad for a first attempt. I've wanted to try it ever since Chad bought me some almond nougat from Avenue Sweets.

Jack and Ben loved helping roll the penuche into balls. Jack had fun, Ben was very useful.


He can roll really good balls. He had to concentrate pretty hard. It was fun to watch him roll his bottom jaw around as he rolled the balls.

Lots of times I will make candy for neighbors and friends and then when it comes to delivering the candy, I don't do such a good job. I just don't get around to it. We end up eating some of it and then the rest sadly goes to waste. This year I did a pretty good job getting it to people. Pretty good, but I didn't get it to everybody I wanted to, including people in far off places like Florida. Maybe next year :)

3 comments:

Christy said...

Mmmm! Yummy! We didn't get to make candy this year since we moved over the holidays.

Heather E. said...

Don't forget Colorado too...........sounds awesome.....penuche is my FAVORITE fudge of all time!!!! I am impressed with your candy making!!! Cute boxes too.

Melanie said...

Thanks for thinking of us! I would love to try it sometime!