Friday, January 08, 2010

2009 In Review

Jack-
  • Weaned from nursing. (I've nursed both my boys to eighteen months. I can't believe I ever did that. )
  • Fell madly in love with cows milk.
  • Fell even deeper in love with his blanket and binki
  • Started out the year a pretty quiet boy (we were a little worried), but then started speaking in sentences.
  • Became a playmate for Ben.
  • His personality came out even more. He is a silly boy who loves to make us laugh.
Ben-
  • Still waiting for him to sleep through the night.
  • But he is no longer peeing in his pull-up. (I was a bed wetter, so maybe I was a little too sympathetic when it comes to peeing in the night. That and because Ben is such a horrible sleeper I didn't want to wake him up to go potty. )
  • Took more swimming lessons and turned into a fish.
  • Took ice skating lessons.
  • Most of his days though are just spent hanging out with mom and Jack.
  • Ben developed an even better relationship with his dad. Ben has always been a super, super mama's boy and now he loves to be with Chad almost as much as with me.
  • Loves playing with his friends-Madilynn, Cy, and Lucy to name a few.
Chad-
  • Turned the big 3-0
  • Worked the year at a company called Tomax (they develop point of service retail software). Considering the fact that they had a big round of lay-offs and random other layoffs throughout the year, we are glad Chad still has a job.
  • Worked on projects for Les Schwab and then was promoted to a team lead working on a project for a salon chain. Promoted, but no raise. Bummer, but at least he has a job.
  • Spent seven months working on our house almost every night after work and every Saturday.
  • Constantly trying to be a helpful husband and very involved dad.
Crystal-
  • Pretty much most of my time is spent being a stay at home mom, keeping the kids fed and happy and entertained, the house relatively clean, and trying not to go crazy. Well crazier than I already am.
  • Taught a primary class with Chad which included a set of triplets. Ya, that was not easy!
  • Took turns doing a mom's preschool two days a week with four other moms.
  • Helped Chad work on the house as much as possible while taking care of the kids.
  • Spent half the year crying about moving away from Jennifer. I've adjusted better than I expected, but I still really miss her because I don't see her near as much.
  • Moved into the new ward and was called as the sunbeam teacher. I wasn't particularly happy about it but it was Ben's class and he kept saying to me over and over again, " I love you mom and I'm sooooooo glad you are my teacher."
As a family we-
Traveled
  • Stayed in the East Canyon yurt in February with my sister Jennifer and her family. We went sledding, cross country skiing, roasted marshmallows, and just relaxed. It was sooooo much fun.
  • Camping in Capitol Reef with our awesome family and friends. Although we didn't have near as many friends with us as the year before. It was cold and it rained and snowed. But we had lots of fun nonetheless.
  • Rented a Jeep in Moab and went rock crawling for Chad's 30th birthday.
A few other things that happened this year for all of us-
  • After years of waiting for house prices to go down we finally found and bought our first home and spent seven months working on it.
  • Although we love traveling and doing things outside of the house, most of our time is spent at home. We do our best to play with our kids and teach them to work.
  • Spent on first Christmas in our own house.
So we didn't get to do a whole lot of traveling and camping because most of our time was spent on the house. In 2011 we hope to do a little more of that. We already have some fun plans in store.

2 comments:

Christy said...

You boys are both so cute. It's nice having your own house isn't it?

Heather E. said...

I love it! Houses are all too time consuming!!!! But worth it....you can make it just how you want it to be! Tell Jennifer Hi for me! I hope she is doing well!