Thursday, November 05, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Last week we carved pumpkins for Halloween. Jack wouldn't help scoop the guts out of the pumpkin. He told us it was "stinky."Ben didn't seem to mind.He got into it.And I helped him. Maybe he got a little too into it.
When Jack saw Ben stabbing the pumpkin. Jack thought he would help too.Jack's pumpkin.Ben's pumpkin. He drew a picture of what he wanted on a piece of paper and I helped him carve it.Chad suggested this fun little trick with the pumpkin. Turn it towards the wall-This was my pumpkin. I had plans for it that involved a drill and little while Christmas lights, but I didn't get to it this year. Oh well, my pumpkin looked pretty cool untouched with all those warts. I carved Chad's pumpkin for him. It was for work and I only did it for him because he was busy working. When the trick or treaters came by Chad heard one of them say, "somebody must really like coffee." Yes it's a coffee cup, but it's also the symbol for the programming language Java. Chad's pumpkin won the carving contest and now his team gets a pizza party.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I really liked you pumpkins. I didn't make it down to see before they made it to the garbage can. The pumpkins are cute but the boys are more so. Thank you for putting the pictures on your blog. Wow what a nice job you did for Chad way to go.

Kevin said...

I recognized the Java logo before I even read that that's what it really was. Good job, I totally would have voted for that one. I really like the one where the pumpkin was pointed at the wall.