I ran across this on a friend of a friends blog the other day. It made me laugh. It's their rendition of Shel Silverstein's For Sale
One toddler for sale!
One toddler for sale!
One crying and whining young toddler for sale!
I'm really not kidding,
So who'll start the bidding?
Do I hear a dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh isn't there, isn't there, isn't there
some that will buy this little kid for sale,
This crying and whining young toddler for sale!
Benjamin is a barrel of whine lately. Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. And just when I think it can't get worse, it does. In my four and half short years as a parent it's my experience that children constantly reach new levels. You just get use to the way they are and how to somewhat deal with it and then they reach a new level. I don't anticipate it getting better anytime soon, because a big change is coming since we will be moving shortly. (Don't ask me exactly when. It's anticipated to be this weekend. Now my dad's in the hospital and we have relied heavily on his help and my mom's help too because she watches the boys for us, a lot. We have a few things to finish up that we cannot have the boys in the house when we do it, so we'll see how the week goes. Moving can wait if it needs to. We are mostly concerned for my dad. He is relatively okay (he's alive thank goodness), but is in the ICU, so it's not like he's doing great. Heart problems, not a heart attack, but close enough.)
I bought a garbage can like this for the pee house -
Tonight Ben dropped a little flashlight in it. He reached in to get it and couldn't reach it, so he climbed in to get it. Then he couldn't get out. Chad and I were just around the corner and we heard him crying (again, he cries a lot lately). We quickly investigated and found Ben's lower half hanging on the edge of the garbage can with the lid down in his back. We helped him out and of course he had a look of panic on his face. We of course, started laughing, and explained to Ben how funny it looked to find him like that. Chad was thinking we should recreate the picture. I'm thinking Ben doesn't want to go near that garbage can again for a while.PS- Ben is not for sale. If he was I already have a buyer.
3 comments:
I hear ya. We have three little barrels of whine at our house. We threaten frequently to put them in a sack, shake them up, and sell them to the gypsys. Hope you dad feels better soon. Hope you get to move soon too.
Your dad - what is he doing? That sounds like no fun at all. I hope he's out of the ICU soon and doing better. He's such a great help to everyone - I know he'll be up helping you again soon! What is it with dad's and the ICU? Can't they just stay away from there. . . someone need to teach them to take better care of themselves. :)
so sorry to hear about your dad. let me know if i can do anything to help out ok! i haven't seen in a forever. we ought to try and do park day before whether gets nasty?
Post a Comment