Hands down my absolute favorite thing to do is sleep. I love, love, love it. I can never get enough. Maybe it has something to do with these little guys-
Okay, that's not fair. It's not all their fault. Anybody who reads my blog knows that I am somewhat of an insomniac. Many nights I can't sleep. Some nights after I wake up and can't fall back to sleep, I move out to the couch.
It takes me forever to fall asleep, unless of course I sit down in the middle of the day or I lay on the floor and play with the boys. Some nights I just watch Chad fall asleep in almost seconds and I'm so jealous. I just can't do it, never have been able to.
I think I need more sleep that most people. I don't know. My sister is the same way. She loves sleeping too. And her husband often makes comments about how it must run in the family because my sister and I feel exactly the same way about sleeping. We just can't get enough.
My boys are not the best sleepers, but Jack is way better than Ben. Lately Jack has been experimenting with giving up naps. It's just too hard for him to fall asleep if Ben is making any kind of noise. And getting a four year old to be quiet for 10 minutes is next to impossible. I let him watch a show but then Jack can hear the television. I'm pretty sure Jack still needs a nap, but if he takes a nap (even if it's in the early afternoon) he usually ends up staying up until midnight. Ben was just like this too.
So somedays I try to get Jack to take a nap and it just won't happen. And then sometimes this happens-


Okay, that's not fair. It's not all their fault. Anybody who reads my blog knows that I am somewhat of an insomniac. Many nights I can't sleep. Some nights after I wake up and can't fall back to sleep, I move out to the couch.It takes me forever to fall asleep, unless of course I sit down in the middle of the day or I lay on the floor and play with the boys. Some nights I just watch Chad fall asleep in almost seconds and I'm so jealous. I just can't do it, never have been able to.
I think I need more sleep that most people. I don't know. My sister is the same way. She loves sleeping too. And her husband often makes comments about how it must run in the family because my sister and I feel exactly the same way about sleeping. We just can't get enough.
My boys are not the best sleepers, but Jack is way better than Ben. Lately Jack has been experimenting with giving up naps. It's just too hard for him to fall asleep if Ben is making any kind of noise. And getting a four year old to be quiet for 10 minutes is next to impossible. I let him watch a show but then Jack can hear the television. I'm pretty sure Jack still needs a nap, but if he takes a nap (even if it's in the early afternoon) he usually ends up staying up until midnight. Ben was just like this too.
So somedays I try to get Jack to take a nap and it just won't happen. And then sometimes this happens-









2 comments:
You're making me sleepy! :)
Now, see, the one of Jack with his upper half wrapped in a blanket? That was a prime opportunity to take him out somewhere in the desert and leave him. You know, if you want more sleep, I mean. I'm just saying.
Post a Comment