Monday, February 16, 2009

For Sale

This is my camera, a Nikon D80. I love it. Because of it, I've completely falling in love with photography. My favorite thing to do with it is take pictures of my little boys, but I also enjoy taking pictures for other people (even though it makes me completely nervous.) Tomorrow I have another wedding to shoot. I'm super nervous as I haven't taken a ton of pictures the past couple of months. Wish me luck.
So, these pictures of my camera are pictures of my actual camera. How did I take pictures of my own camera? I got a great deal on an upgrade. I've been debating back on forth as to whether I should just keep the D80. It's probably more camera than I'll ever need, but I've decided to sell the D80 and keep the one I upgraded to.


I was just going to put it in the KSL classifieds, but decided to put it on my blog first to see if anybody is interested. I've taken good care of this camera and I am just fine with selling it to somebody I know.
What comes with the camera?

D80 body 10.2 megapixel
18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens Nikkor Lens
2 GB Memory Card
EN-EL3e Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery and Charger
Nikon Wireless Shutter Release Remote

I own a 50mm 1.4 lens. I love it and I'm keeping it. If you buy the D80 I highly recommend you buy either the 50 mm 1.4 lens or the 1.8 (which is a lot cheaper.)

So, the D80 body sells for about $650.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD80.html?searchinfo=nikon%20d80&item_no=12

I'll sell the camera, lens, memory card, and wireless remote for $625. Just leave a note on my blog if you're interested.

7 comments:

Benjamin said...

Ooooooo, I'm interested. I'm not sure if we could do it, but don't put it in the classifieds just yet. Lately, Melanie and I have been talking about wanting to get a much better camera, inspired in part by the quality of pictures we've seen you take. So, obviously buying your very camera would be a good move. We'll even be in Utah in May for Melanie's brother's wedding, at which point we could pick it up. Of course, we understand that a better camera will be a large investment, but perhaps we could work out the details of paying you bit by bit between now and May. Is that a possibility? I'm thinking out loud here, but I just want to jump on this before anyone else. ha!

Quick question: what kind of filming does your camera do? I assume it can do "movies"? With sound? That's one reason we want to upgrade our camera, which doesn't record sound even with the movie option. (Lame!) Ours also cuts you off after 30 seconds, even if your memory card still have room. Can you comment on your camera's options?

Amanda said...

Ohh!! So tempting...but I think Ben would KILL me!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Ben, this will probably bum you out, but my camera doesn't have filming capabilities. Nikon recently came out with the Nikon
D90 which does have filming capabilities. It gets great reviews. Starting price, just for the body (no lenses), is around $1000.00.
A payment plan would be just fine with me, we will however how to run a credit report. (Just kidding of course!)
What other kind of questions do you have? I don't know if I could do the best explaining my camera's options. Chad likes the website www.dpreview.com and you could check that out if you want.
Gotta go, I'm off to photograph Matt's wedding.

Julia Callahan said...

I love your Out of the Mouths of Babe's...sound just like my daughter. And I'm in a worse boat for now, my son WILL be 2 next week and he doesn't talk yet. He understands and says a few words so I know he's not dumb. He hears fine because he runs out of the room if he hears anything from anywhere...to see what it is. Worry, but what can I do?

Tringali Family said...

So tempting, let me talk to my hubby and see.

Benjamin said...

I'll now officially decline purchasing the camera. The first motivation for getting a new camera was getting one that record video with sound, and since we wanted to do that, we figured we'd get a camera that was better for still pictures as well. As lovely as your camera would be, it would defeat our real purpose in buying a new camera. Bummer. I'm sure it will sell very quickly.