Tuesday, February 03, 2009

25 Things

This tag has been going around on Facebook, I though I'd post it here too.
1. I love food. It’s all about quality though, not quantity. I can’t stand eating things that have too many preservatives.
2. As long as I can remember I’ve had sleeping problems. It takes me forever to fall asleep. When Chad and I got married I started sleeping really well. The sleeping problems returned when I started having kids.
3. My parents still live in the same house that I grew up in. I lived in that house from the time I was born until I went on a mission.
4. My parents’ house has an awesome yard. When I was growing up I though it was haunted. At the bottom of one of the hills is an old axel from a wagon or a cart, I thought some pioneers crashed and died there. I still don’t like being in certain parts of my parent’s backyard when it is dark.
5. I didn’t exactly understand the birds and the bees until I was almost sixteen. It’s not like my parents didn’t talk to us about it, they just weren’t very specific. It’s pretty funny how I think it actually all went down. My erroneous thinking was corrected during a lecture in AP Biology my sophomore year of high school.
6. My parents didn’t listen to much music when I was growing up. I knew of Neil Diamond and Herb Albert and the Tiajuana Brass. I randomly would hear other music, but I didn’t exactly get the words. I thought the words to Material Girl by Madonna were actually, Cheerio Girl and the song Secret Agent Man I thought they were saying Secret Asian Man. My sister’s boyfriend introduced me to U2 when I was fifteen and when he played their CD I covered my ears at first. I told him I didn’t listen to hard rock. Ya, I was a dork.
7. I was tongue tied until I was fourteen. I couldn’t stick my tongue out past my lips. They clipped the frenulum under my tongue because I was getting braces and having a long enough tongue is important for oral health. It’s also important for speech, up until I had my tongue clipped I said all words ending in –ing incorrectly.
8. I have a serious sweet tooth. I love candy. My teeth are paying for it. I’d like to think that some of my dental problems are because I was tongue tied until I was fourteen. I can wish J
9. Right after high school graduation, I, along with my friend Megan, were the subject of conversation for two mornings on Memphis, Tennesse’s number one country station. Her uncle was a DJ. My friend Megan ordered the tickets using her dad’s Southwest Airline frequent flyer miles. Southwest only flys to Nashville, her uncle lived in Memphis. Megan didn’t realize this and when we arrived in Nashville her uncle wasn’t there to pick us up. It made for a very memorable trip.
10. I spent a night sleeping on a cliff in Zion National Park. It was a long, cold night.
11. I was in the newspaper of a small town in Utah called Fayette because I went there to meet the parents of a guy I was dating. Yes, it’s a very, very small town.
12. I made up crazy stories and lies until I was probably ten. Now I abhor lying and I feel horrible if I even unintentionally lie.
13. Sometimes I’m brutally honest and I say things that probably just shouldn’t be said.
14. I’ve seen George W Bush, Rudy Guilianni, and Colin Powell in person. The Prince of Monocco gave me an Olympic pin, and I hung out for a little while with Devon Harris from the first Jamaican Bobsled Team. Cool runnings!
15. I’m obsessed with finding good deals. I have to find a good deal on almost everything I buy. I can’t imagine living any other way.
16. I think it’s so important in life to have a good attitude. I constantly struggle with this. I generally have a negative attitude.
17. I love my kids, but I don’t love playing with them. I think this is the number one thing in my life that I feel guilty about. I’m always thinking about it and trying to remind myself to slow down and sit down and play with my kids. I just feel that it’s important.
18. I can do math pretty quickly in my head. Chad is amazed by this.
19. I hate having too much stuff and I’m often looking around the house for things that I just don’t really use much or need so that I can take them to DI.
20. I like to travel, but for me so much of the enjoyment of it is in the anticipation and planning of the trip. When it comes to actually going I often get anxious about leaving home.
21. I have magical hair. It can make Ben fall asleep.
22. I love staring at my husband’s and two boys insanely long eyelashes.
23. I’m allergic to dogs, cats, horses, and cows. The allergist was pretty surprised that I didn’t know I was allergic to cats as I have a pretty severe allergy to them.
24. I worry way too much about what other people think.
25. I feel very fortunate when it comes to friends. My life often crosses paths with wonderful, amazing people. I wish I could figure out how to spend more time with them.

1 comment:

Tringali Family said...

Those are fun things to learn about you! I wish I was always finding good deals on things...I need to work at it more.