Friday, February 06, 2009

Happy feet

Ben saw these in a magazine and asked if we could make them. Since this kind of thing is right up my alley, we made them yesterday. It was a little too tricky for Ben to do by himself and since he wanted them to look exactly like they did in the magazine, he wouldn't try to do them and helped me instead. Jack just sat on the counter and giggled every time we finished one. He would have eaten them all if we would have let them. I decided to save them to put on a veggie tray for a lunch group I was hosting at my house today.Last year my sister and I started a lunch group. It's fun to see how it's evolved. At first we really didn't know each other and the conversations were always about the food. We've generally had a pretty good turn out; only one month was it just my sister and I. Today I decided to have the lunch at my place rather than down at the church like we did last month. (I wanted to avoid the ornery old people who got mad at us for our kids being too loud. We probably should have just gone and been louder.) Anyway, we did it my basement apartment and we ended up having like 11 moms and 20 or so kids come. Needless to say there were a lot of bodies in a little area, but it was cozy and we had fun. I think we overwhelmed the mom who only has one young child, but I hope she enjoyed herself.
I look forward to this lunch group every month because of the delicious food everybody brings, but more for the wonderful company. There are some seriously awesome people in my neighborhood.

6 comments:

MNCarlsson said...

Oh those are so cute!
How do you make them. I'm guessing olives and carrots, but what's the "Glue" holding them together?

Tringali Family said...

So cute! But no instructions for the rest of us huh??? ;)

Crystal said...

Okay, so I didn't take pictures for step by step instructions and I can't find them on the internet. The glue is cream cheese. If I compeled to make them anytime soon I'll take pictures for instructions.

Carrie said...

Those penguins are adorable. They almost persuade me to eat olives. Almost.

talonandanna said...

you are so talented! loved them, too darling! fun to see you and thanks for hosting!

Jodi said...

So cute! That is such a great idea to get everyone together for lunch and to let the kids play.