Today I became a soccer mom, carpool driving mother of five. My sister and brother-in-law are on vacation for the next week and Chad and I are watching their kids. This has been in the plans for the past couple of months and actually works out pretty good since we can't live in the basement at my aunts house for the next month or so.
On top of the basement thing and watching my sister's kids, I hurt my back. I think I did a little bit too much bending, twisting, and lifting. I can't stand up straight and it's hurts to carry Jack. (I'm complaining a lot, sorry.) It will be a crazy week, today was especially crazy. In addition to taking care of my sister's kids we had to pack up more of our stuff in the basement because tomorrow they will start taking out the wet walls, ceiling, and carpet pads.
Tonight when we were in the basement packing up Jack said, "water, wow." I couldn't believe my ears, but my mom heard it too. Jack says things like mama, dada, bubu (for Ben), and uh-oh (his favorite), but "water" is the first big word he's said. I know he's not exactly capable of saying that word, and it was probably just complex babbling, but it was interesting.
1 comment:
THis looks like it sucks! I'm so sorry. Floods are never a good thing! BTW next Wed sounds perfect. Let's plan on meeting at 11:30.
Post a Comment