Monday, September 08, 2008

Weekend Adventure (without pictures)

I didn't take my camera this past weekend, because my brother needed it for a wedding which was okay because I don't think I would have been able to use it much unless I wanted it to get wet or get sand in it.

Friday we headed up to Bear Lake and stayed with some friends (new and old) at a cabin. We went down and played at the beach in the early evening. Although it was cool, Ben and Jack had a lot of fun playing on the beach. After playing at the beach we headed back to the cabin when Chad's friend Kevin made a declious curry dish for dinner. That night we stayed up late talking.

Saturday we woke up early and headed up the Snake River to go river rafting. Ben got carsick when we let him watch a movie on the DVD player. I was thinking that maybe he was sick because he was hungry, so I gave him a peach to eat. Big mistake, I ended up sitting in the back with Ben holding a cup for him while he threw up a couple of times.

We went down the river two times. I stayed back the first time and watched the four youngest children, which was an adventure in and of itself. I was glad on went on the second trip because it was a lot warmer. Everybody was pretty cold on the first trip down the river. The Snake River isn't a particularly exciting river to raft, but it's so beautiful. It's also a lot of fun to hang out with some awesome people in a boat for a couple of hours.

After rafting we headed back to the cabin. It was crazy weekend that involved a lot of driving, good food, good friends, and good fun. Although I enjoyed the whole weekend, my favorite thing was taking a nap with my sweet little Jack on a swing on the deck at the cabin. The weather was perfect and as I was falling asleep holding my baby in my arms I enjoyed listening to the wind blowing through the quaking aspen trees. It was so peaceful.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks again for inviting us to go this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We have a few pictures of your kids to send you. We will have to get everyone to share their pictures.