Friday, September 07, 2007

Favorite things Friday

Two weeks ago on Friday I had a baby. This would be a great topic for favorite things Friday, but I'm still very overwhelmed by this life change and I'm not quite ready to write it about it yet, but I will soon. :)


Give me smore

*******Warning- Try this at home***********

This week my favorite thing is smores. I didn't like smores when I was younger because I didn't like chocolate. Now that I like chocolate one of my favorite things about camping is making and eating smores. Last year we went camping and for some reason we didn't get to make smores. I was a little bummed out until Chad and I realized that we could make the smores at home. They taste just as good as when we go camping and an added bonus is that we don't end up smelling like smoke. Usually we make them after Beepers goes to bed, but tonight we let him join us.So, maybe this isn't the most kid-friendly activity. Although we watched him carefully he still ended up catching his marshmallow on fire. (Oh well, it's no different that when kids cook them over the fire.)

As you can see from the picture, we have an electric stove. I haven't tried roasting marshmallows over a gas stove, but I don't think it would work that well. After all, when roasting marshmallows, you should do it over coals rather than flames. The electric heating element is like a perfect coal that keeps an consistent temperature.

Mmmmmmmm! These are so nummy! I've gotten my sister addicted to making these too.






4 comments:

Carrie said...

We make our smores in the microwave with big marshmallows and chocolate chips. They make excellent snacks. :)
Congratulations on the baby! Are you going to tell us if it's a Teeny Chad or a Teeny Crystal?

Crystal said...

The baby is another teeny Chad. I kind of spaced out that there are a few people (or at least one person) who read my blog that don't also read my hubby's blog.

MNCarlsson said...

You're right, smores over a gas stove do not work very well. Even on the lowest flame, the heat it much too high.
I agree however, smores in the microwave are surprisingly good. Using chocolate chips makes for just the right amount of perfectly melted chocolate.
Another favorite of mine is to switch the rice krispies out for golden grahams in rice krispie treats. Then sprinkle chocolate chips or drizzle melted chocolate over the top. Yum!

Carrie said...

Congrats on the teeny Chad!