This weekend we took a trip up to my Grandpa’s cabin. Chad, Beepers, Binkers, and I had originally planned to go by ourselves, but the night before we left we decided it would be fun to invite somebody to go with us. We discussed who we should invite, but ended up talking ourselves out of inviting most of the people we had thought of. We were worried that if we invited somebody to come and they turned us down, that they were turning us down because they think we are weird. (Not for some more legitimate excuse like the fact that we had given them very short notice.:)) I am a little self-conscious that way, but isn’t everybody that way a little bit? It’s hard sometimes to “put ourselves out there.”
Anyway, we ended up inviting Chad’s brother and sister-in-law. For some reason, when it comes to family, it generally doesn’t hurt as bad when they turn you down. But they didn’t turn us down, and we ended up having a fun weekend. We drank hot chocolate by the fire in the morning when it was cold, we played some games, we watched some television, we roasted marshmallows, we played some ping-pong, we played in the sandbox (well Beepers did and Chad and I did because he made us), we sat around and talked, and we took care of the little babies (Binkers and Chad’s brother’s cute little boy.)
Binker's and his cousin (Binker's is on the right)



Beeper's and Binker's cousin- Isn't he cute?

2 comments:
You've always been quite the camper.
I remember when you and Heather and I went camping up somewhere in the mountains. We had "Judy" and we tied a deer leg to her bumper. We made spaghetti, tapioca pudding, and pancakes. You were quite the cook. :) I also remember going to your grandpa's cabin and we named a cricket that lived in the toilet. I won't say what we named it... (Correct me if I'm remembering any of this wrong...)Ah, those were the days.
Sounds like a wonderful fun weekend, I bet the fall colors there were gorgeous!
Post a Comment