
I always look forward to August/September because it is peach season and I love peaches! They are my absolute favorite fruit. Not just any peach will do though. It has to be a Utah peach. This spring I took a trip to Georgia and ate a Georgia peach. It was good, but there is just something about Utah peaches. (I think that the peach I ate in Georgia was acutally from Chile, someday I'll have to have a real Georgia peach. Our Georgia friends bought us some peach Fanta though and man, it was good!) Specifically my favorite variety of peach is called Angelus, but other peaches are good too.
So, what do I do with peaches? For some reason, I don't really like cooked peaches, so I don't really care for things like peach cobbler. I love to eat peaches by themselves, but I really like to slice them up (leaving the skin on), freeze them, and then use them to make smoothies. The smoothie is simple-frozen peaches, milk, a little sugar, and a little vanilla - but it is absolutely delicious. I also like to mix frozen peaches with vanilla yogurt and eat if for breakfast. We eat it while the peaches are still frozen and it seems kind of like we are eating peach ice cream. Mmmmm! My mouth is watering, I think I will go eat a peach.
2 comments:
MMmmmmm... I just had such a smoothie last night as a midnight snack. Although my favorite fruit is strawberries, peaches are a very close second. I love to slice them up and eat them with cream (just like I do strawberries).
The first house we lived in when we moved down here had the most amazing peach tree. It had fruit by early summer and they tasted amazing. I wish I had found out what kind it was, cause I would love to plant one someday when we buy a house of our own. That and some golden raspberries, and strawberries.
My favorite fruit is also the peach, but I absolutely love, love, LOVE white peaches, the one off of my grandma's peach tree. They are seriously like a little piece of heaven...I would love to eat one now!
Post a Comment