Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Luke's baby blessing

Two Sundays ago we had Luke's baby blessing. I went against common protocol to do the blessing at the church during sacrament meeting, and instead received permission to just do it at home. Lately I've heard of more and more people doing it at home, and I decided that was for me. Simple and sweet and I didn't have to plan a big family get together, which I think is overwhelming for a mom of a new little one. I love our extended families and I felt bad not inviting all of them, but we have had and will have plenty of family gatherings.
We invited my parents, Chad's parents, my Grandma, and my brother. After the blessing we enjoyed a lovely dinner. And while I was trying hard to keep things simple as not to stress myself out, when it comes to food, I tend to go a little overboard. Oh well, that's me.
I took some pictures of Luke with a cute little bonnet on, but then Chad pointed out to me that it was kind of girly. And when I asked some friends their opinion they said it looked old fashion. I thought the pictures were cute, but decided that I better take some without the bonnet. I can just hear Luke saying to me when he gets older, "why am I wearing a bonnet in those pictures?" So, the bonnet pictures are for me.

3 comments:

kirstin said...

Oh Crystal! I think the bonnet is for me too. I love Luke's blessing outfit! We did a blessing at home too, it is so much more personal I think! Amazing photos as usual!

Aim Aug said...

I love the one where he is sleeping with the bonnet on. At least it looks like he is sleeping. He's so darling!

Melanie said...

So perfect! I love the pictures and the adorable cookies! The bonnet is great!