Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jack-Jack

We love this little guy! Okay, he isn't so little anymore, but he is our baby. At least for four more months. He is a sweetheart. He is constantly giving us unsolicited hugs and kisses. The other day he climbed up on Chad's lap and said completely out of the blue, "Daddy, I like you!" We know our kids love us, but to have them "like" us. That's big.

He make us laugh a lot. Sometimes he asks me to open my mouth so he can look inside. He thinks that he can see the baby by looking down my throat. He often softly rubs my belly and says that he is petting the baby.
We love the way he says some things like, "whubbabout" (what about), "Jemmifer (Jennifer), blother (brother), and kittles (skittles).
When Ben was the age Jack is now, he was kind of a crazy defiant toddler and I was adjusting to being a full time stay at home mom. I loved Ben, but I didn't particularly enjoy that phase. It was just hard. It was the first time I was experiencing what it was like to have a child who had reached the age that they very much had their own agenda and opinions. It was a whole new shocking stage of parenting. It's nice with Jack, to be going through things the second time around and to know that difficult phases are just that, a phase. He is not a perfect angel, but he's fun, and we love him!

No comments: